What does the Circadian Feature do?
The Circadian Experience replicates the sun’s natural light cycle to tune your body’s natural daily rhythm. Just turn it on and your Smartbulb will gradually transition your light throughout the day from cool energetic white light to sharpen your mind in the morning to a soft and relaxing warm glow in the evening to sleep better.
How Do I Activate This Feature?
- Tap on your group name in the "Dashboard".
- You will see tabs near the top of the Screen in this order: Bulbs- Colors- Whites- Effects-Presets- Schedule.
- Swipe over to "Schedules", click on the "Schedule+" button, and select "Suggestions".
- You will see the Circadian Feature. Select it, and go through the steps to select a group, the start of your day, typical sleep time, and repeat days.
- Check that everything looks right, in the "Summary" screen. After you are done, click on "Create", to activate this feature.
- Once you create this schedule, it will create "Preset" schedules throughout the day, according to the timeframe you had set.
( Images are from Left to Right)
What Should I Expect When Using This Feature?
With Circadian active, whether you turn your lights on through the app or from a light switch, the light from your ilumi will change based on the time of day. In the morning, you'll experience blue-tinted white light and throughout the day the light will gradually warm up to a deep orange.
The logic behind the Circadian experience is that cooler "shorter wavelength" light in the morning may help wake you up, while the warmer light (or light without blue) may help your body's natural production of Melatonin so you can relax and sleep better.
Helpful Tip: Try the Circadian experience with the ilumi in your bedroom.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to help!