With ilumi IFTTT applets, ilumi Smart Lighting products can be controlled with your voice through products like the Amazon Echo or Google Home.
- Login to your ilumi account.
- Go to the "Experiences" tab by swiping right to left across the top navigation menu.
- Click on "IFTTT Channel" , then “Setup IFTTT Now”--it will bring you to IFTTT.com, where you will need to either login to an existing IFTTT account or create a new one. If you have the IFTTT app on your device, you can follow these same steps within the IFTTT app.
- Click on your IFTTT profile icon (upper right-hand corner), and click on "New applet". This will bring you to the New Applet Wizard.
- Click “this” to select a 'trigger' service. Popular examples you could select include Amazon Alexa, Google Home (Google Assistant), or a different service listed, and set it up with your appropriate associated account (Example: For Alexa, you will need to login with your Amazon ID, for Google, you will login with your Google ID). We will use Amazon Alexa for this example.
- After logging into your Amazon account through IFTTT, we will want to select a trigger. For Alexa, we will select "say a specific phrase." Follow the instructions to name your phrase. In this example, we want to set a color using Amazon Alexa, so we will name our trigger phrase 'blue'.
Note: When using the Alexa feature after creating this applet, you must say 'trigger [phrase name]' to correctly send the IFTTT applet to Alexa.
After completing the 'this' portion to create a trigger for your new applet, click on the “that” action, and search for/select ilumi. You will see all the actions we have currently available. These range from: (1) Lights On (2) Lights Off (3) Set Color (4) Adjust Brightness (5) Activate a Favorite (6) Apply Effects (7) Apply Presets. For this example, we will use 'Set Color'. Next, select the ilumi you'd like to include (individual group or single ilumi), then select color that you'd like to use for this trigger (we're picking blue). Next, tap 'Create Applet'.
- You can preview your New Applet, to check that everything looks right, then click on the “Finish” button, and follow the instructions on the applet.
Keep in mind:
After this is process is done, please restart your ilumi app. Go back to “Experiences”, and click on "IFTTT". The setup will be changed to “History”. Tap on the gear button in the top right hand corner of the app, and check if your settings look right and are toggled on ( Only on wifi, Connect in background).
- Only on Wifi - When this is toggled "On" ilumi and IFTTT will only use Wi-Fi data. When toggled "Off" the program will connect to IFTTT using cellular data if Wi-Fi is not available. Most customers leave this "On" if they are using this near a voice device such as Alexa or Google Home.
- Connect In Background - Deactivating this means that the ilumi app must be in the foreground, and running in order to execute IFTTT created commands.
Also Note: If you have IFTTT holding connections in the background, it will inhibit other users from controlling those same ilumi.
Now, you can start enjoying your IFTTT, with ilumi, with your choice of automation products. Enjoy!
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com and we'd be happy to help!